Inspired by Joanna Rakoff typing replies to fanmail for J.D. Salinger, described in My Salinger Year (and my own review), do one of the following:
* Write a letter to a writer whose work has left an everlasting impression upon you.
* Write a letter to one of your readers.
* Write a fan letter to yourself.
* Reply to fanmail sent to you.
* Write a letter in which you give advice back to yourself on writing (or any other matter) in the manner of a worldwise author with a fanbase.
If you really want to get into the spirit of Joanna Rakoff’s book, type your letter on a typewriter, or pen it on Hello Kitty stationery (or paper of your own craziness/choosing).